Brewster is a British hybrid diesel. He is an advanced trainee and works with the Chuggineers. He is one of the main characters in the series.
Brewster is a young trainee who always likes to make sure everything is working okay. This can slow him down, but he is strong, capable and reliable!
Brewster is based on the BR Class 23, nicknamed 'Baby Deltic'. He is also based on the BR Class 55, nicknamed 'Deltic', though being much smaller, having a Bo-Bo wheel arrangement. Brewster has only one cab, but real Class 23s have two cabs.
- Zephie idolises him, as seen in Brewster's Little Helper
- He seems to admire Action Chugger.
- In German Brewster is called Bastian, in Hebrew he is called רותם and in Latin America, Brazil, France and Italy he is called Bruno.
- In the pre-production photo of his Bachmann model, his bogies are coloured grey.
- In his Interactive, Wooden, and Motorised models, his windows are coloured Sky-Blue, and in the Die-Cast range, they are the same colour as himself.
- He is the most focused and most knowledgeable, as evidenced in Brewster Knows Best.
- His hobby is "people spotting", i.e. spotting humans do things that he has not seen them do before.
- Brewster is the only chugger to have a landmark named after him, named Brewster Bridge.
- He is the only trainee who's power source is diesel only, as Wilson, Hoot and Toot are diesel-electric, Piper is a steam engine, and Koko is fully electric.
- Charlie George (UK Season 1-3)
- Toby Davies (UK Season 4-present)
- Miles J Harvey (US)
- Karina Parra (Latin America)
- Pedro Soares (Brasil)
- Manuel Meli (Italy)
- Daniel Galo (Los Angeles Spanish Dub)
|Trainees • Chuggers|
|Wilson • Koko • Brewster • Dunbar • Old Puffer Pete • Calley • Hodge • Zephie • Harrison • Chatsworth • Emery • Irving • Mtambo • Olwin • Frostini • Action Chugger • Speedy McAllister • Hoot and Toot • Skylar • Piper • Decka • Jackman • Zack • Tyne • Fletch • Hanzo • Asher • Payce • Cormac • Minor Locomotives|