Chuggington is a fictional city and the setting of the series. It was once an older place, but was left and moved to a more technology-friendly place.
- New Chuggington is a futuristic-type place which is more friendly to electric and diesel engines. It is the current setting of the stories.
- Many Stations, Yards and Fun Places to Stay there.
- Old Chuggington is more steam-friendly. It had steam powered turntables, a whistle, and an old style clocktower.
- Old Puffer Pete, Olwin, and Speedy McAllister used to live there, as well as some engines who moved to Tootington.
- Old Chuggington is now know as "Old Town".
- Chuggers can still visit here from New Chuggington.
- Pete often tells stories about it.
- There is an old ice cave from the days of steam that Speedy McAllister often visits and also used to visit.