Irving is a medium sized red shunting engine who handles the recycling chores around Chuggington.
Irving handles the recycling and garbage. He has a recycling area off of the main depot. Irving may look a little snapish, but he can be very helpful to others. He's an adult chugger with a perfectionist streak. He is also very proud of his work at the Recycling Center, and boasts that nothing is ever thrown away in Chuggington. He often speaks in third person.
Irving is loosely based on a Japanese design for a snowplow.
- He likes to keep things neat and tidy.
- He can threaten engines out of his way by saying that "He'll recycle them if they don't".
- In german he is called Irwin, and in Hebrew שלמה.
- He can be unkind to other traniees and chuggers.
- He always wants everything to be neat and tidy.
- Irving and Old Puffer Pete are the two only chuggers with glasses.
|Trainees • Chuggers|
|Wilson • Koko • Brewster • Dunbar • Old Puffer Pete • Calley • Hodge • Zephie • Harrison • Chatsworth • Emery • Irving • Mtambo • Olwin • Frostini • Action Chugger • Speedy McAllister • Hoot and Toot • Skylar • Piper • Decka • Jackman • Zack • Tyne • Fletch • Hanzo • Minor Locomotives|