Irving is a medium sized red American shunting engine who handles the recycling chores around Chuggington.
Irving handles the recycling and garbage. He has a recycling area off of the main depot. Irving may look a little snappish, but he can be very helpful to others. He's an adult chugger with a perfectionist streak. He is also very proud of his work at the Recycling Center, and boasts that nothing is ever thrown away in Chuggington. He often speaks in third person.
Irving is loosely based on an ALCO S1/S3 diesel-electric hybrid engine.
- He likes to keep things neat and tidy.
- In German he is called Irwin, and in Hebrew שלמה.
- He can be unkind to other trainees and chuggers.
- He always wants everything to be neat and tidy.
- Irving and Old Puffer Pete are the two only chuggers with glasses.
|Trainees • Chuggers|
|Wilson • Koko • Brewster • Dunbar • Old Puffer Pete • Calley • Hodge • Zephie • Harrison • Chatsworth • Emery • Irving • Mtambo • Olwin • Frostini • Action Chugger • Speedy McAllister • Hoot and Toot • Skylar • Piper • Decka • Jackman • Zack • Tyne • Fletch • Hanzo • Asher • Payce • Cormac • Minor Locomotives|