Unlike Wilson and Brewster, Koko is completely electric and uses her own power directly from the tracks beneath her. She'll often challenge others to a race, knowing full well that they don't stand much of a chance against her. Koko loves going flat out, whooshing ahead of the others, and has yet to learn that speed isn't everything. Koko is very confident and loves to explore and have adventures. Although mischievous, she is well meaning and gets upset if she causes her friends to get into trouble. Koko will always own up or apologize and try to put things right, once she has understood the full implications of her actions. She is an express engine, built for speed and pulling passengers.
Koko is painted green and white on her body with purple lining and underbody. In the Season 2 premier, Koko's New Look, Zephie painted her, out of anger, to look like a pirate. Unfortunately, it was permanent. So Koko had to be re-painted.
Koko is based on the 0 Series Shinkansen, a Japanese bullet train. Koko has a large light on her front, which resembles a nose. The real 0 Series does not have this feature. instead, they have two smaller lights to either side of what would be the "nose" on Koko. Also the real 0 Series doesn't have an upturned nose and a lard front bumper.
- Koko is the oldest of the trainees.
- Koko considers herself the fastest chugger in Chuggington.
- She often does things too quickly, resulting in accidents.
- Koko gets power from the tracks which charge her battery.
- She likes to say "Betcha' can't catch Koko!" and "Chugga chugga choo-choo!"
- In German, she says "Toot Toot" instead of "Choo Choo".
- In Polish, Koko's catchphrase is "Raz i dwa i tut tut" (One and two and toot toot). This is because the series is not called "Chuggington" in Poland and any words containing "chug" would not be understood by the audience.
- Also, in the Polish version, she sometimes says "Z drogi śledzie, Koko jedzie". In English: "Out of the way herrings, Koko is on the way"
- Koko is the first trainee ever to win the speed badge.
- Koko has a speed fleet.
- She is the only fully electric powered trainee.
|Trainees • Chuggers|
|Wilson • Koko • Brewster • Dunbar • Old Puffer Pete • Calley • Hodge • Zephie • Harrison • Chatsworth • Emery • Irving • Mtambo • Olwin • Frostini • Action Chugger • Speedy McAllister • Hoot and Toot • Skylar • Piper • Decka • Jackman • Zack • Tyne • Fletch • Hanzo • Asher • Payce • Cormac • Minor Locomotives|