Eve Bentley (UK/US)
Piper is a new engine that appeared on Season 3, she will join the 5 fellow trainees Wilson, Brewster, Koko, Hoot, and Toot. She appears to be some kind of 4-2-0 steam engine, with a forward cab.
On her first day, she was crowded by all the chuggers as Morgan got her to work. When she started working, Toot was given the job of touring her round Chuggington. Toot wasn't happy with Piper as Piper was taking her space in the Trainee Roundhouse, so went off quickly so Piper would get lost in the depot. As soon as Hoot came back from a run, Toot realised how mean she had been and quickly befriended her. Piper announced to the twins that she wanted to stay in the same roundhouse as Hoot and Toot.
Later, she started training. Old Puffer Pete was teaching her to use her coupler. She struggle with it and thought that she would never be able to do it. Later, she went in the Chug-Wash and got covered in pink bubbles. She ran away from Wilson. When she realised she couldn't stop on the mountain, Wilson grabbed her and stopped on a sandbed. Which he had struggled to do earlier. Skylar said that everyone had learnt something that day, even little Piper.
Piper is very young and that makes her very inexperienced. She struggles to train, but if she tries very hard, she can do it in the end. She is quite disobedient and doesn't do what she is told. Which she sooner put right when she went up and down the mountain. She is very friendly to younger chuggers and is very forgiving, like when Toot left her in the busy depot .
- Piper is the youngest steam engine in Chuggington.
- It's possible she's new built as an experiment on making 21st century modern steam locomotives or a one off loco like 60163 Tornado.
- If you look closely, she resembles the rebuilt form of the original Stephenson's Rocket as it appears today in the Science Museum, Kensington. The main difference is the cab Piper has (Rocket, being an early locomotive, never carried a cab).
- Alternatively, Piper could be based off of the North Pacific Coast Railroad's cab forward locomotive number 21. The locomotive, built in 1875 is believed to be the first ever locomotive of its type created. The 4-4-0 wheel orientation is not too far removed from Piper's own 4-2-0 orientation.
- In her first appearance, Pete stated that she runs on vegetable oil. This is possibly based on how waste vegetable oil is used to power the steam locomotives on the Grand Canyon Railway.
- She is the only steam engine that hasn't lived in the old town of Chuggington.
|Trainees • Chuggers|
|Wilson • Koko • Brewster • Dunbar • Old Puffer Pete • Calley • Hodge • Zephie • Harrison • Chatsworth • Emery • Irving • Mtambo • Olwin • Frostini • Action Chugger • Speedy McAllister • Hoot and Toot • Skylar • Piper • Decka • Jackman • Zack • Tyne • Fletch • Hanzo • Minor Locomotives|
Start a Discussion Discussions about Piper
You can find discussions about everything related to this wiki on Chuggington Wiki Forum!